A while ago I made a board game that was a race to the finish game. I named the game Race 5ever because I made the game full of ways to be sent back to start or sent backwards. The idea of the game is to reach the other side and there are four starting points. Coins are used as game pieces and a dice is used to move across the board.
Seven Columns, Nine Row Board
1. This game can be played with two – four players.
2. Initially at start all players roll a dice. Whoever gets the highest roll goes first and gets to choose one of four starting points.
3. American Money Coins will be used as game pieces. Each player has a different kind of coin to differentiate.
4. You cannot pass green spaces. They are walls.
5. You may not go backwards or diagonal.
6. If you get stuck between walls you lose a turn and get over the block in the next turn. You may only jump over one wall.
7. If you land on a blue space you get to roll again.
8. If you land on a red space you go straight back the number you roll after landing on the red space. If you run into a wall you hop over the wall.
9. If you land on a black space you go back to where you started.
10. If you land on the yellow spot, you can switch places with another player and send them back to start.
11. If you land on the same place as another player you may battle them. You battle them by playing rock, paper, scissors. Whoever wins gets to stay at the spot. Whoever loses has to go back to start.
The core mechanism of this game is the dice because the dice is the main part of the game. You need the dice in order to move.